Christmas is over, and I am tired.
I love Christmas, but there is always so much going on at once and so much pressure—probably mostly self-inflicted.
I’d like to take a little break. Unfortunately, I still haven’t figured out how to freeze time. That makes this a little more difficult.
How do you rest without coming back to even more work to do?
Some ways to find rest on a busy schedule:
- Ask for help or just some company along the way. Prayer counts too. Feeling less alone makes things seem less crazy.
- Sing a hymn or a song that makes you smile. You may feel silly, but it does help.
- Do less. Even just a little less. Give yourself that permission.
- Breathe. Listen to your breath. Let your worries wait for a minute or two. Breathe them away.
- Take a short nap (set an alarm). *This does not work for me, but it does for others.
- Sketch something. I like to sketch how I’m feeling as monsters—it gives a silly face to my problems.
- Look for what’s funny. Think of one funny thing that happened today. Imagine telling someone about it—exaggerate it a little. Use silly voices. Write it down.
- Look for hope. How will tomorrow be better? Next week? What awesome things are you looking forward to this evening? This weekend?
→ Things will get better. Somehow, they always do. Wait for it. ❤️
Do you have any ideas to add to my list? Please let me know!